Thursday, October 10, 2013

I really miss my foreign exchange best friend

     These days I always hear my friends say how much they miss their college friends. I always want to slap some sense into them and say, "Hey be grateful and don't pout! At least your best friend isn't in another country halfway across the globe! At least you can see and chat with them. You don't have to wake up extra early just to chat with them or stay up extra late. When you need to talk to them or you just need your best friend, you can text them. I have to message her on Facebook because of insanely high international phone rates!" However, I always hold my tongue. That little pout sesh would definitely make quite the scene.
     Lately everything has reminded me of Skye, even the stupid little Emojis. I stared at one of the camels and thought of how her dogs always attacked me when I entered her house. Then I laughed when I remembered that I would call her every time I was outside her house because I was afraid of all 6+ of her dogs haha. Then I laughed even harder because a camel Emoji reminded me of this. Talk about pitiful. Geez.
     Then each time I skim through Daily Odd Compliments I think of Skye. I reminisce on those nights when we'd text each other our favorite ones. We sounded like such lesbians hahaha! (I bet I still do now!) I even experience moments now when I grab my phone and I'm about to text her a funny one when I remember that I can't text her! Oh well..









5 comments:

  1. Please let us both die so we can go to heaven and be rejoined!!! Knock on wood!!!! I love you so much! I literally do have pout sessions all the time about you... I feel like I need to bring you to Belgium so all the Belges can see how awesome you are!! Only 9 more months!!! Hey we could both have babies in that time! JK Knock on wood AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE THIS TIL NOW!!! I AM SUCH A TERRIBLE BEST FRIEND. WE NEED BFF CHARM BRACELETS SO WE CAN ALWAYS BE TOGETHER :(

    ReplyDelete