Friday, June 21, 2013

Mega Vent Sesh. Come on over, ladies.

Growing up, I've always believed and tried to make everyone happy. I have always put others before me and made sure they were alright. A recent incident has caused me to think... What if my putting others' feelings before mine is affecting my own happiness? Should I let it go that far?
About a month ago my two best friends gave me a good ten minute lecture on my happiness. They said I have good habit to put others before me.. but when their being happy affects my being happy.. I've crossed a line for myself. They said I need to make the right choice for myself and not let the opinions of others influence me. At the time I thought it made some sense... so I tried their theory. Now I know that that's not me. I always put others before myself and I have gotten along great. My friends are hurting and I need to fix it. However a problem still remains. By making them happy I would sacrifice my happiness.. Where's the line? I've been told that if they were true friends, then they would understand... but if I were a true friend I would understand... Is this one of those situations where everyone must be hurt and end up unhappy? What's the right choice here?
#lifesucks #amioverthinkingthis #ilovemesomehastags

No comments:

Post a Comment