Monday, February 18, 2013

cutest little lady..

Once upon a time a girl named Abbey and her family went to this little old lady's apartment to help her clean. While cleaning all her picture frames and artwork she noticed that each one had a piece of tape and a name on it. So she asked her mother about them.. Her mother responded, "She doesn't want her family to fight over what is rightfully theirs when she dies. So she already put names on everything she wants to give to people and the rest is will be donated." Abbey stood in awe at the answer.
Marilyn, is very well prepared. She is so sweet and very smart. She returned from church shortly after and remembered me! She even remembered that I won the essay contest.. for the second year in a row. My friends don't even remember that! I continued cleaning around the house while she sat to talk with my sisters. She was sooo funny. I didn't wander too far off so I could stay within hearing distance. Marilyn asked my sisters about school and always replied with "Oh my God!" I'm not kidding. She is so adorable. She also couldn't get over how clean her glass cabinet was.. my mom had cleaned before she came.
Marilyn: "So you guys all like school, then?"
Sisters: "Yes." 
Marilyn: "Oh my God! My boys never liked school.. but they weren't that smart. Are you smart?"
Jessica: "Uhh yeah."
Marilyn: "Oh my God! Are you smart?"
Vicky: "Umm, yeah sure."
Marilyn: "Oh my God! Are you smart?"
Nathalia: "Yeah."
Marilyn: "Is your dad smart? Oh wait, I know your dad is smart. Is your oldest sister smart?"
Sisters: "Yeah."
Marilyn: "Wow! Is your mom smart?"
Sisters: "Yeah."
Marilyn: "I just can't get over how clean that is! Oh my God! Wow!"
Just imagine me.. sweeping and dusting.. overhearing this all.. and smiling the whole time :) Sometimes they'd make me laugh..
Marilyn: "So you guys speak Mexican?"
Sisters: "Uhh, yeah we do."
My sisters didn't want to correct her and say Spanish haha. I wouldn't have either. Too cute.
Marilyn: "Wow! How?"
Jessica: "Uhh, I don't know. We just grew up speaking it."
Marilyn: "Oh my God! Wow! How can you tell the difference between the languages? How do you do it?"
Then my mom came in: "Well at home I never speak English with them. I only speak in Spanish. Sometimes they respond in English, but they're not allowed to."
Marilyn: "Oh my God! You don't speak English?"
Mom: "Only to other people. Or we speak English to eachother when we're with other people, like right now, with you."
Marilyn: "Wow! How do you do it? Do you guys eat Mexican food?"
Sisters: "Yes, everyday." I'm sure they groaned after that hahaha
Marilyn: "Oh my God! Well let's say you guys went to McDonald's. Would you order.. hmm.. well I suppose they don't have Mexican food. Would you guys eat something from McDonald's?"
Sisters: "Well, yeah. We eat American food too."
You can guess what she said next.. "Oh my God!"
ERMAHGERD

2 comments:

  1. OMG! YOU EAT MEXICAN FOOD? YOU DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH? OMG <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha it was so funny Skye :) That little old lady definitely made my weekend.

    ReplyDelete